I completed 6 years of full time job
February 01, 2019
Today, I am completing 6 years of my full time employment with Socialschools. It has been an incredibly long time and there has been highs and lows but mostly it has been a great experience writing code and having fun while doing it. I am very proud of the product I have helped build and make it succeed.
There are various factor that led me stay with this company for this long:
- People: I was lucky enough to be working with the best people who are friendly, empathetic and have impeccable professionalism.
- Work Life Balance: People realize that everyone has a life outside the work and respect that.
- Quality of Work: I have been very lucky in being able to work on very hard problems and solve them. This doesn’t happen too often with many companies.
- Trust: You are more motivated to do things in the best possible way when your teammates trust you.
- Ownership: You are given ownership of a part of product and people trust you that you will make the best possible decision for it and the team.
Nobody can look very far in the future and say what they are going to do but at this point of time, I feel incredibly lucky and full of gratitude to everyone who has played a part in my journey.
Some past posts about the same: