This Could Be Some Plan
June 21, 2013
I recently read a blog by Jeff Atwood that there is no such people as Rock-star programmer.These are people who could write cleaner code, refactor faster than anyone else, write a lot of tested code and methodology. This means each of one has a scope to get better as a developer.
I am in my first software development job and there is a lot of scope for me to improve and get better.
Obviously this is not going to happen overnight and i need to work hard to achieve this.
Here is my plan:
- For JS server side read Madhu’s code and learn.
- For JS client side read Ruben’s code and learn.
- For Python read code from good projects like django.
- Write loads of code in NOSQL goodness(MongoDB).
- Incorporate good software development practices.
- Have a good foundation with algorithms and space-time complexity.
- Write a lot of tested and RESTFul APIs.
- Write tonnes of open source software.
- Spend an hour at IRC everyday.
- Work on a crazy project that is impossible to achieve.
- Work more on Automation and deployments.
- Estimate, organize and plan my work well in advance.
Well, these are kind of my strict TODO list. At this moment, i think i have a decent understanding of technology and software development process. But, i am far from being a really good developer. There are loads of things to learn and i am really excited about the process.
Hello Hello! I am Vinit Kumar. I am a software engineer who loves making computers do things and admires good books, music, art and coffee. You can read more about me. Find my resume, values and code here.