April 30, 2013
In last couple of days, i noticed there was no good planning for my personal projects and there were lots of loose ends. So i finally cleaned up my Github.
Here are some of ground rules for projects on Github:
- Don’t open source a project until the project has got unit test, wikis and sample application (if it is a application project) hosted.
- Integrate CI like travis and jenkins with all of them.
- Do all the immature , experimental projects on Bitbucket.
- Write good, clean , pragmatic code in the projects on Github.
- Look for bugs and spend more time on projects seriously.
- Strictly follow Git-Flow on all your projects.
Blog about your latest work or maintain the wiki for the project every work. At the end of week review your work.