Better Time Management At Work16 Aug 2014
Time management is a key quality of any successful person. I have been working pretty hard these days to improve me efficiency. Today, I have decided to follow this pattern while at work.
Here is the breakdown. Let’s assume the net hour spent at work is 8.
- 50% Time (4 hrs) - Writing Code.
- 5% Time (24 min) - Documentation of the Code I wrote.
- 5% time (24 min) - Writing test on the Code I wrote.
- 10% time (48 min) - QA and testing the work I produced.
- 20% time (96 min) - Planning and Studying about the topic I need to work on.
- 5% Time (24 mins) - Working with colleagues and helping out in case they need any assistance.
I felt the need to this timetable because it is really necessary to control the time when you are on tight deadlines. I like giving my all to the work and definitely have very limited time to execute that. So only if my planning and time management is solid I would be able to produce quality work on time.
I will produce a analysis of how this goes and how much success I achieve using this methodology. Also, today I have completed my 41 day streak at GitHub.